It's fall you guys! Leaves! Sweaters! Boots! Vests! Flannels! Chilly air! Pumpkin Spice!
I know, I know, I'm so Basic. But I don't even care right now, I'm still going to make myself a tasty pumpkin spice latte.
This is another example that you don't need to be a professional chef to enjoy a tasty fall treat. If you stroll into Starbucks and order this from the professionals, you'll have a perfectly foamed beverage. At home, unless you have a cappuccino machine and milk steamer, it won't be as perfectly frothy but it'll still taste wonderful and will definitely satisfy that pumpkin spice craving.
To make this recipe easy to whip up on demand, divide a can of pumpkin puree up into one tablespoon portions and freeze them (scoop tablespoon sized portions onto a sheet pan covered with parchment paper). Pop the portions into a ziploc bag in the freezer so you can pull them out whenever the craving hits.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Non-dairy milk (I like Oat because it's naturally sweet) 1 cup
- Pumpkin spice (make your own, I went with Martha for my recipe) 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Pumpkin Puree 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla or to taste
- 1/4 cup of strong coffee (I usually use decaf as I am like this for dessert)
- Sweetener (I prefer maple syrup, but you can use sugar or anything else you like) to taste
- Optional: Coconut whipped cream. This is a great how to.
Add the pumpkin and tablespoon of pumpkin spike to a pot, and warm enough to cook the pumpkin a bit and you can really smell the spice.
Add the milk, vanilla, and sweetener, and stir until hot.
Optionally, froth up the milk using an immersion blender as recommended by The Kitchn.
Pour the coffee into a (preferably fancy) mug and add the pumpkin spiced milk. Top with the optional coconut whipped cream, sprinkle with a bit more pumpkin spice, and enjoy!
Will you make this, or a non-vegan version? Do you need the froth to enjoy a coffee drink? Let me know in the comments and let's dish!